Sunday, September 2, 2012

10,000 Reasons


I'd like to start my post this week with a video clip from our favorite praise song these days.  Our family finds ourselves singing this song daily.  It comforts us, challenges us, and reminds us that truly we have more reasons to praise than we can begin to list.  We could begin writing today and never stop until the day we draw our last breath and the list would not be complete.  And yet the harsh reality is that there are some days that life gets us so busy, the days are tough, and the hurt is deep.  The enemy robs us of the joy of singing praise to our Savior, of focusing on who we are in Christ as His children.  We miss those sacred moments of grace where even the simplest of blessings are a reminder of the hand of God reaching down to earth to intervene on our behalf.  This song has been a fresh reminder to me that as I journey through my day I will face troubles of many kinds (James 1:2).  However, it is the perfect opportunity for great joy.  My prayer has become that at the end of the day I would still be singing a song of praise to my God.  When the day comes when I draw my last breath, I pray that I will still be singing and recounting the 10,000+ reasons I have to worship His name. 


So here are a few more of the reasons, I have to say thanks.

255. I am thankful for my cousin Andrea.  I am thankful for how her faith encourages me and challenges me.  I am thankful for her transparency and authenticity.  I am thankful for how she is walking this journey of loss and grief with such determination to be used by God and for Him to be seen and to be glorified.  I am thankful for her love for God and for her rock solid faith that will not for a moment move over for the enemy.

256.  I am thankful for dinner with friends who will encourage your hearts and remind you that God is not finished with you yet.  I am thankful for those who speak truth into your lives and remind you that God has a plan for your life that is beyond what we can ask, think, or even imagine.  I am thankful for friends that are funnier than anybody should be allowed to be.  It is just too easy for some people to be funny.  They're so enjoyable to be around and I'm thankful that God blesses our life with their presence.  I am thankful for the gift that those people have of knowing how to connect with your heart.

257.  I am thankful for pulled teeth and pierced ears and first soccer games of the season and learning to dive . . .  Fun things of childhood.

258.  I am thankful for friends who engage in deep, meaningful conversation, who connect with your heart about the things that really matter to you. I am thankful that God knows exactly who we need at what point on the journey of life.  Some friends are there for a season for a reason and I am so thankful for God's provision in that way.

259.  I am thankful for what God is teaching me daily from His Word.  I am thankful that He opens up His Word in new and relevant ways.

260.  I am thankful for Matt and Julie and their story of Africa.  I am thankful for their passion and their obedience.  I am thankful for their willingness to go and serve and for what hearing their story does in my heart.

261.  I am thankful for God's provision.  He knows our needs and provides for every one of them.  He cares about the concerns of our hearts.  He loves His children. 

262.  I am thankful for the wonderful relationship that my girls have with their grandparents.  Some of my fondest memories of childhood are with my Granny and Papa.  I wouldn't trade those days for anything.  I'm thankful that my girls are making some wonderful memories too.

Bless the Lord, O my soul!!!!  I Worship Your Holy Name!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment