Sunday, July 15, 2012

Wow! God is Amazing!!!!



Wow!  God IS amazing!!  That is such a simple but profound statement.  That's been the theme of our VBS this week.  We've spent our week marveling at just how awesome, how amazing, how powerful, how mighty our God is!!!  It's always refreshing to me to see this again and again through the eyes of a child.  It's no wonder Christ said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." (Matt 19:14).  They really do take God at His Word.  They really do GET the simplicity of it all.  They really do SEE just HOW BIG God is.  They really do understand how approachable He is.  They desire Him.  They long to worship Him without reservation, with reckless abandon.  They look like they're actually enjoying worship and would do it for longer than say 10 minutes.  They see Him in His creation.  They can grasp that He really is right here with us, "like in this car, or in this room, or . . ."  I can't imagine a better way that I could have spent the last 7 days of my life.  I am thankful for so much, so let me list just a few.

#173  I am thankful for a van load of children that rode with me each night to VBS.  I am thankful for Derek and Clint who make that trek each night with me over to pick up our new friends.  I am thankful for each story I heard about their lives and for each mom and dad, aunt and uncle, grandma and grandpa who entrusted us with their precious little ones.  I am thankful to know 10 new friends who rode with me and for the 40-50 other little lives that rode with Mr. Ken and Mr. Lee, Mr. Garry and Mr. Roger, and Mr. John, Mr. Keith, and Mr. Andrew.  It was a blessing that I can't even really begin to put into words.  I am thankful for the reminder that the harvest is plentiful.  I am thankful that this is just the beginning of a relationship with some wonderful families.  I can't wait until I see them again. 

#174  I am thankful for the reminder that the word was made flesh and dwelt among us.  He came and walked where we walked, He came to live and breathe among us.  I am thankful for the reminder that this really is the most effective way to do ministry--to develop personal, intimate relationships with those you hope to reach.

#175  I am thankful for my husband who will serve in ANY WAY he's needed.  I am thankful that HE LOVES kids, especially little ones who need a father figure, who need to see a man who loves God and loves kids.  I am thankful for other men like that.  It blesses my heart to see men serving in VBS because so many kids really do need to see a spiritual role model. 

#176  I am thankful for so many of my best friends who are serious about their service to their King.  God has blessed me with some great friends who aren't just girls to shop with or to have dinner with or to talk about my favorite book or TV show with, but girls who will challenge me in my walk with Christ, who will serve with me and encourage me to give my best to my Savior, who sweat for the kingdom and teach our children to serve God with ALL they have.

#177  I am thankful for a clean house.  I've struggled for weeks now trying to find my way through our "construction zone" at home.  It's really gone against my type A personality, my obsessive compulsiveness.  BUT, thanks to my hubby, following our very busy VBS week, we found some time Saturday to clean at least the important parts of our house.  Construction is still underway.  We need floors worked on in the girls' rooms and the bathroom painted, and a window replaced, BUT, I'm feeling thankful that I see less dust and some clean counter tops, and a few pictures hung, and mopped and vacuumed floors.

#178  I am thankful for the assurance of heaven.  I am thankful that we do not have to fear death.  We can know that life here is ours to enjoy because of the freedom we have in Christ and He desires for us to know joy, love, peace, . . .  BUT we also can live knowing that HEAVEN is as real and it's BETTER!!!

#179  I am thankful for the exciting news just one phone call can bring!!! :)

#180  I am thankful for the anticipation of a friend's visit.

#181  I am thankful for clean water to drink on a hot day.  Did you know that 1.1 billion people in the world do not have access to safe drinking water, roughly one-sixth of the world's population?  2.2 million people in developing countries, most of them children, die every year from diseases associated with lack of access to safe drinking water, inadequate sanitation and poor hygiene.

#182  I am thankful for air conditioning.  WHEW!!  It's been hot, but we've been able to stay cool. 

#183  I am thankful for God's truth that defines who we are regardless of the circumstances that life may deal us.  I was reminded of this just a few days ago through the life of an 8 year old boy.  I pray that God will help me share this with so many who need to know that Satan is lying to them about who they are and what they can become.  God's truth is revealed in the person of Jesus Christ.  His truth has come to set us free!!!  I am thankful that He has a plan that is not bound by our lineage, by our location, or by our "luck".  He will rewrite our story.  He will give us a hope and a future.  I am thankful that He always speaks truth to me when Satan is whispering lies over my life.  I pray that I will choose to believe.

WOW!!! GOD IS AMAZING!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment