Thursday, June 7, 2012

15 Wonderful Years. . . For That I Think I'll Say Thanks!!!





Today is no ordinary Thankful Thursday.  It's a monumental day on the calendar of life.  It's a mile marker, a stone of remembrance, a flag raised on this journey of life. . .  It's a day to celebrate life and marriage and love and happiness and choosing to live the covenant relationship that Christ has called us to.  It's a day to say thanks to God for helping us stick it out when the world around us is throwing in the towel.  It's a day to say thanks to God for choosing us for each other, knowing we would need the strengths and weaknesses of one another in this journey toward Christ likeness.  It's a day to say thanks to God for showing us that it's okay to not be perfect, to not have it all together all the time, that it's okay to simply love Him and love others.  It's a day to look at one another and say I love you, and after 15 wonderful years, I'm so glad God gave me you to do this thing called life with. 

So, on this Thankful Thursday, I'm going to keep it short and sweet.  I'm thankful for my husband; I'm thankful for a marriage that is not perfect but a marriage that is teaching me more about Christ and His love, His grace, and His mercy everyday.  I'm thankful for the wonderful opportunity to love and serve my husband and my children everyday.  There is no greater privilege than loving my husband and loving my children well.  I'm thankful that I get the great joy of being married to my best friend.  I'm thankful that we have lots of fun together.  I'm thankful that God is breaking our hearts for the same things.  I'm thankful that while I don't know what the future holds I do know that the God who spoke the universe into existence knows me by name.  He has a wonderful plan for my marriage, my children, my grandchildren, and my great-grandchildren.  And, I plan on growing old with my wonderful hubby (I just don't plan on growing gray--WINK, WINK!!!). 
Happy 15th Anniversary, Jason!!!

BLESSINGS!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment