Friday, November 2, 2012

Thankful for a God Who Overcomes

My daughter said to me just the other day, "Mom, Satan has a way of playing with your mind doesn't he?"  Upon further conversation, I uncovered that what she was really getting at was the lesson that we all learn sooner or later in life.  Satan is our real enemy.  He most certainly plays with us.  He feeds us junk.  He fills our minds with stuff.  He wants us to doubt, to question, to fear.  He wants us to think less of ourselves than God thinks of us and to look out our circumstances through our own abilities rather than through the supernatural abilities of a God who specializes in the impossible.  He wants us to surrender to defeat and to think that what we see with the human eye is the end of the story.  He wants us to forget who we are, who we belong to, and what has already been accomplished on our behalf at the cross of Calvary and in a borrowed tomb.  He is prowling around at every corner.  He finds great delight in our defeat and won't stop until we draw our last breath. 

I am so very thankful that I could share with her that I too had learned that lesson and that she was not alone in the spiritual battle she was fighting.  I am thankful that while Satan is her real enemy, her Father in Heaven is her Great Defender, her VERY PRESENT HELP IN TIME OF TROUBLE.  I am thankful that He ABSOLUTELY will NEVER leave her or forsake her.  He identifies with her in all ways and understands her every temptation.  He is not threatened or disgusted by her weaknesses or frailties.  He longs to be invited into the IMPOSSIBLE.  He finds great pleasure in being a part of every detail of our lives, even those that we we see as minute and insignificant. 

I am thankful that God is with us.  I am thankful for the power of the Holy Spirit to overcome.  I am thankful for a great High Priest who makes intercession on our behalf.  I am thankful that no matter what junk the enemy feeds us we can claim the promises of God as OURS!!!

(That's my Thankful #314)

0 comments:

Post a Comment